Wednesday, April 27, 2011

With Sympathy FTTC115



Hello,
Today, I am sad to learn a friend of mine in the Sheltie Rescue program has passed. I made this card for his wife and family. Please join with me in a prayer for this kind man and his family. My favorite prayer:
Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen
*********************************************************
This card was made using SU! cardstock, DP by DCWV, gold ep, gold organdy ribbon, pearls and Tim Holtz ink.
I used the Flourishes Sketch Challenge FTTC115
http://www.flourishes.org/blog/
I have also entered this card in the Simon Says Challenge.
http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty and elegant...I am sure the family will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card. I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend! This beautiful card will definitely bring a smile to his wife! Thank you for playing along with us! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sympathy card!! Fantastic detail and monochromatic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card and a beautiful prayer. I like how you used the sketch, and also like how you stamped the orchids without coloring. The illustration is so nice and your card has a soft appearance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your wonderful comments, they are appreciated!